Black & white image of the Presque Isle Lighthouse in Erie, PA.
The light was first opened in 1873 and operated until 1944. The Erie lighthouses had stationary lights until 1882 when the Presque Isle light was outfitted with a rotating beacon that blinked red and white every 10 seconds. The locals began referring to it as the "flash light".
No comments yet.
EmailYour Email address will not be published.